Okanagan Peach & Apple Sauce
Silky smooth, naturally sweetened fruit puree. Great for kids (or adults) lunches or snacks. Put it on yogurt for breakfast or vanilla ice cream for dessert. You can also can this product and keep it in your cellar for a reminder of the warm & sweet Okanagan summer on a cold winter day.
- 5lbs Peaches (peeled and rough chopped)
- 3lbs Apples (peeled and rough chopped)
- 1cup Apple Cider
- .5cup Brandy
- 1tbls Lemon Juice
- 1tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Vanilla Pod (scrape the seeds out)
- Pinch of Salt
- (Sugar can be added if needed – to taste)
- Equipment: Le Creuset French Oven, Vitamix A3500 Blender
- Peel & rough chop both Peach & Apples into large French oven. Get as much as the natural juices from the fruit as you can into the pot.
- Add cinnamon, ginger, salt, lemon juice & vanilla pod. Cook on medium/low heat for 5 mins until fruit starts to soften.
- Deglaze pot with brandy & add apple cider (or water will work). Continue to cook for 20mins covered, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to Vitamix, in batches, and blend until smooth. Return back to pot for even consistency. Taste. Add sugar for sweetness if desired.
- Cool in refrigerator and the product will tighten up in consistency.
Grilled Okanagan Peach & Burrata Cheese Crostini
A summer canape showing off the bountiful offerings of the Okanagan orchards. Guaranteed to ‘WOW’ your friends & family.
Assemble in this order:
- Crostini (1/4” sliced French baguette, drizzled with olive oil, salt & pepper and then baked until golden brown and crunchy)
- Baby Arugula (toss with a bit of olive oil, salt & pepper)
- Burrata Cheese (hard torn)
- Grilled Peach Wedge (grilled on a Lodge Cast Iron Grill Top to caramelize the natural sugars)
- Blueberry & Balsamic Reduction (cook down blueberries with honey, add balsamic vinegar and reduce on low heat for 2 hours or until desired consistency.)
- Garnish with micro greens, finishing salt, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
Equipment: Lodge Cast Iron Grill