- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, lightly smashed
- 2 tbls butter, unsalted
- Salt & Fresh Cracked Pepper to taste
- Fill a stock pot or other heat resistant container 1/3 -1/2 full (depending on what is required to come just under max fill line on the sous vide) of warm water. Preheat sous vide to 146.5 degrees F.
- Brush olive oil evenly over both sides of chicken breasts. Season with generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breasts in vacuum seal bag or Stasher bag along with thyme & garlic. Remove air & seal bag. Place in water bath.
- Cook for 1 hour. After 1 hour, remove bag and discard the herbs and garlic used. Remove chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towel. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Add butter; when foaming, carefully add chicken breasts. Cook for 1 minute per side or until nicely browned. Serve immediately; there is no need to rest after cooking with a sous vide.
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 60 Minutes